My husband introduced me to Pasta Louie a few years into our relationship, it was so good I questioned why it took him so long to make it for me. It has since become one of my favorite pasta dishes for its simplicity and easiness to make. I'm excited to share this recipe and here's how I do it...
I have the full list of ingredients and instructions below but here is a simple step by step...
Before you start cutting any of the vegetables you'll want to start cooking that sausage over medium heat! I used a hot Italian sausage because I love anything with a kick in it but you could easily sub in a mild sausage or whatever your favorite type is! Not pictured: the pot of water going for the pasta, once the water is boiling add pasta.
While that sausage is cooking cut up the bell peppers, onions, and tomato into cubes.
Once the sausage has finished cooking, set aside, give the pan a quick rinse, and throw in the bell peppers and onions with some olive oil. The goal is to keep a bit of their normal bite but since they take longer than tomatoes to cook, you start with them first.
When the peppers and onions are almost done, add the tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. While this is cooking, chop up your sausage.
Add the sausage back with the veggies and by this point your pasta should be cooked through and drained.
In a baking dish mix the vegetables and sausage with the pasta.
Throw on the goodness that is known as mozzarella cheese and place in the oven at 350 degrees, bake until cheese is melted.
Once that cheese is melted take that sucker out and plate it up and eat away! I always like to add some crushed red pepper to mine for an extra kick.
The whole process takes about 45 minutes because you prep while you cook.
1 lb Italian Sausage (or whichever your preference is)
16 oz Pasta (I used Fasili)
2 Tbl Spoons Olive Oil (or enough to coat the bottom of the pan completely)
2 Medium sized Bell Peppers
1 Large Onion
1 Medium sized Tomato
1 Bag of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Seasoning, Salt, and Pepper (all at your taste preference)
1. Grab a large pot and fill halfway with water, add some salt for taste and set on medium heat, bring to boil. Once water is boiling add pasta and cook until tender, drain and set aside. Also, set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a pan, place sausage and fill pan with water until the sausage is covered halfway. Place on medium heat and cook until sausage is done, water should be mostly evaporated, and set aside
3. While sausage is cooking, dice the tomato, onion, and peppers
4. Add 2 tbl spoons olive oil to pan, it should completely cover it, and add peppers and onions. Cook over medium. Once they are almost tender, add tomato. Stir and add Italian seasoning
5. While veggies are cooking, slice sausage into bite sized pieces then add to veggies. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add veggies and sausage to pasta and mix thoroughly, place in casserole dish
7. Cover with mozzarella cheese (I used a whole bag but you don't have to)
8. Place dish in oven at 350 degrees and cook until cheese is melted, should take 5-10 minutes
9. Once cheese is melted, take out and serve immediately, and enjoy!
I'm a twenty-something mama who honestly has no clue what I want to do in life at the moment. For the longest time that scared me but now I embracing it and documenting it here.